Part-time Library Assistant
Position duties may include but are not limited to assisting adult and juvenile customers at the public service desks, use of the library automation system to circulate materials, shelving, maintenance and processing of books and materials, assisting with programming and other clerical duties as assigned.
- The successful candidate must have strong customer service skills.
- Above average proficiency with computers is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time and ability to do repetitive movements.
- Experience with typing, filing, data entry, proficient use of a personal computer and other office equipment.
- Physical ability to push and pull loaded book trucks weighing up to 100 pounds, lift 25 pound book crates, ability to bend, stoop, reach, and climb.
- Work is scheduled during weekdays, nights, and weekends.
- High school diploma or GED. Previous library experience preferred.
- Current valid GA Driver’s License, preferred.
- 17 hours per week at $ 12.00 per hour. No benefits.
- Newton County Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- All successful applicants must pass a drug test and a criminal background check.
The Newton County Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free, Smoke-Free workplace.
All successful applicants must pass a drug test and a criminal background check.
E-Verify number 230157
Effective date: 7/14/2009